At Parkside we aim to stimulate our children’s interest about the past, and therefore develop an understanding of the present in terms of what has gone before.
Through the study of History at Parkside our children will learn:-
- A sense of chronology – the ability to place historical events on a timeline
- To develop a sense of identity and cultural understanding based on their historical heritage
- To value their own and other people’s cultures
- To understand how events in the past have influenced their lives today
- To investigate past events and significant historical figures, developing skills of enquiry, analysis, interpretation and problem-solving.
We currently hold the Silver Primary History Quality Mark.